Quotes for Friendship
Below is a collection of friendship quotes. Read them, and you can also copy them for use with a
greeting card.You can also click here
to submit your friendship quotes. We will publish it with your credits.
Send these Quotes to friend now!
- "A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway."
- Jerome Cummings
- "Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty."
- Sicilian Proverb
- "What is a friend? I will tell you...it is someone with whom
you dare to be yourself."
- Frank Crane
- "A good friend remembers what we were and sees what we can be."
- "Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can
meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes,
is certain for those who are friends."
- Richard Bach
- "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
- Walter Winchell
- "The only way to have a friend is to be one."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be somewhere else."
- "All love that has not friendship for its base,
is like a mansion built upon the sand."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- "A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like
is shown by the kind of friends he chooses."
- Proverbs 27:19
- "In a friend you find a second self."
- Isabelle Norton
- "A friend loveth at all times."
- Proverbs 17:17
- "Your friends will know you better in the first minute they meet you
than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."
- Richard Bach
- "Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness..."
- Richard Bach
- "Can miles truly separate us from friends?
If we want to be with someone we love, aren't we already there?"
- Richard Bach
- "Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend,
as you will always find me yours."
- Ludwig van Beethoven
- "A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails."
- "A part of you has grown in me. And so you see, it's you and me
together forever and never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart."
- "Friendship doubles your joys, and divides your sorrows."
- "Friends are those rare people who ask how you are
and then wait to hear the answer."
- "The most beautiful discovery that true friends can make is that
they can grow separately without growing apart."
- "A friend is someone who reaches out for your hand...and touches your heart."
- "How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to."
- "Some people come into our lives,
leave footprints on our hearts,
and we are never the same."
- "I don't remember how we happened to meet each other.
I don't remember who got along with whom first.
All I can remember is all of us together...always."
- "Love is temporary...but friends are forever."
- Kelly Wheeler
- "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller
- "You only meet your once in a lifetime friend... once in a lifetime."
- Little Rascals
- "...no man is useless
while he has a friend."
- Robert Louis Stevenson
- "The friendship that can cease has never been real."
- Saint Jerome
- "Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods."
- "Friends are born, not made."
- Henry Adams
- "Well, it seems to me that the best relationships--the ones that last--
are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship.
You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more
than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere.
And the person who was just a friend is...suddenly
the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."
- Dana Scully (The X-Files)
- "Each friend represents a world in us,
a world possibly not born until they arrive,
and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anas Nin
- "A circle is round it has no end,
that's how long I want to be your friend!"
- "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
- "A friend is like an oreo,
its not always that great,
but it always gets better!"
- Erin Westbrook
- "A best friend is a sister that destiny forgot to give you."
- "It takes years to build up trust, and just seconds to destroy it."
- "No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny
without leaving some kind of mark on it forever."
- "Friends are the bacon bits in the salad bowl of life."
- "When a friend's in trouble,
don't insult him by asking what you can do,
think for yourself and start doing it."
- Friendship involves man things but, above all the power of going
outside oneself and appreciating what is noble and loving in
- Thomas Huxley
- I thank God for the way he made you, distinct, special and
unique. You were not made from a common mold.
- Erwin W. Lutzer
- Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of
God's greatest gifts.
It involves many things, but above all the power of going out of
one's self and appreciating what is noble and loving in another.
- Thomas Hughes
A friend in need is a friend
"To know someone here
with whom you can feel
there is understanding
in spite of distances or
That can make life a garden."
- "Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
- "Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes."
- "Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow ~ Don't walk behind
me, I may not lead ~ Just walk beside me and be my friend."
- Building a friendship is like planting a quote.
- "An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship."
- "Friends are born, not made."
- "A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five
real friends, then you've had a great life."
- "Hold a true friend with both your hands."
- "Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another
human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled
- "There comes that mysterious meeting in life when someone
acknowledges who we are and what we can be, igniting the circuits of our
- "Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
- "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in
other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people
interested in you."
- "Remember friends as you pass by,
As you are now so once was I.
As low as I you once must be,
Prepare yourself and follow me."
-Gravestone from the 1800s
- "A brother is not always a friend,
but a friend is always a brother."
- "Never hurt your friends, not even in a joke."
- "A friendship that stops existing,
was actually never there."
- "One loyal friend is better than ten thousand family members."
- "Hold on to your friend with both hands."
- "He who searches for friends without faults,
will never have a friend."
- "You will never have a perfect friendship,
but you must strive for one."
- "A person who has no friends,
lives only half way."
- "Be careful of what you say,
friendship can end in one minute
because of a stupid word."
- "Friends are the chocolate chips in the cookie of life."
- "Friends are the angels who lift us to our feet
when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
- "Wherever you may be it is your friends who make your world."
- "I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh.
But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry."
- "He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare,
And he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "To be your friend was all I ever wanted;
to be your lover was all I ever dreamed."
- Valerie Lombardo
- "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I would not follow,
I would be at the bottom to catch them when they fall."
- "A friend in need is a friend indeed."
- Latin Proverb
- "A good friend is my nearest relation."
- "A hedge between keeps friendship green."
- "God defend me from my friends; from my enemies I can defend myself."
- "Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes."
- "The best of friends must part."
- "The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb."
- German Proverb
- "Life without a friend is like death without a witness."
- Spanish Proverb
- "The best mirror is an old friend."
- "Life is partly what we make it, and partly what is made by the friends whom we choose."
- Tehyi Hsieh
- "There is no hope of joy except in human relations."
- Antoine de Sainte-Exupery
- "The making of friends, who are real friends, is the best token we have of a man's success in life."
- Edward Everett Hale
- "Except in cases of necessity, which are rare, leave your friend to learn unpleasant things from his enemies; they are ready enough to tell them."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?"
- Henry David Thoreau
- "Friendship that flows from the heart cannot be frozen by adversity, as the water that flows from the spring
cannot congeal in winter."
- James Fennimore Cooper
- "Friendship without self interest is one of the rare and beautiful things in life."
- James Francis Byrnes
- "Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare
False friends are like leaves, found everywhere."
- I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for
that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy.
Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.
- Charles R. Swindoll
- Where there are friends, there is wealth.
- Titus Maccius Plautus
- Few delights can equal the mere presence of someone we
- George MacDonald