Easter eggs & baby chicks
- Eggs and chicks symbolize new life. Eggs have been a symbol of spring since ancient times. An egg also is a symbol of the rock tomb out of which Christ emerged when he arose again. The chick, hatching out of the egg, symbolizes new life or re-birth.
- The rabbit, or hare, was a symbol of abundant new life in ancient times, and reminds us of spring and new life.
- The white blossoms symbolize the purity of Jesus. Lilies, emerging from the earth in the spring, also symbolize new life and the resurrection of Christ. All About Easter Lilies.
- Represents Jesus, "the Lamb of God".
- Symbolizes Jesus' victory over death.
- Represents when Jesus arrived in Jerusalem on the first Palm Sunday and people waved palm branches, welcoming him.
Easter hats & wearing new clothes for Easter
- Symbolizes new life offered through the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Hot Cross Buns
- Hot cross buns have a cross of icing on the top to remind people of Christ.
- Symbolize Jesus, "the light of the world".
- A food eaten during Lent- the twisted shaped symbolizes arms crossed in prayer.
Easter & Spring flowers
- Daffodils and tulips bloom in the spring, and symbolize spring and new life.
- Baby animals born in the spring also represent spring and new life.
is one of the significant symbols of Easter. Its whole life cycle is meant to symbolize the life of Jesus Christ. The first stage, is the caterpillar, which stands for His life on Earth. Second phase begins from the cocoon stage, portraying the crucifixion and burial of Jesus. The third and final stage is the butterfly, representing His raising from the dead in a glorified body and peace.