1) Poster board,
2) Pair of compasses (the one in your geometry box)
4) Craft knife
5) Cutting mat
7) Paper adhesive
- On a poster board sheet, draw a circle large enough for the brim of the hat.
- Cut out the circle finely using scissors. Trim the rough edges for a smooth finish.
- Inside this circle, draw a second circle shape (large enough to fit the wearer's head). Cut it out using the craft knife.
- Measure the diameter of the brim. Cut another circle of the poster board measuring about 6 inches larger for the crown.
- Place the needle of the compass along the scale of the ruler. Drag the pencil 3 inches away from the needle.
- Now pin the needle. Draw the 6 inches diameter circle by rotating the pencil.
- Cut a slit from the edge into the center, after folding this circle into a cone shape to fit inside the brim. Staple the cone in position where the cut ends of the poster board overlaps.
- Tape the cone to the brim on the inside.
Back to Crafts Main