Making of Chinese Lantern
1) Colored paper (construction paper or gift wrapping paper)
- Cut a big rectangular piece out of the construction paper. Fold it in half to make a long, thin rectangular shape.
- Along the fold line of the paper and make a series of cuts - about a dozen or more. Don't cut all the way to the edge of the paper.
- Unfold the paper and glue/staple its short edges together. Your "Chinese Lantern" is ready.
- Cut a rectangular strip (dimensions: 6 inches long and 1/2 inch wide) out of the construction paper. Glue or staple this strip across one end of the lantern and you have a handle for your lantern.
- Make a lot of lanterns in a similar way. String them along a length of yarn to make a colourful decoration for your room!
Back to Crafts Main