Ice Cream Cake Christmas Tree
1) Plain yellow cake.
2) Icing sugar.
3) Vanilla/Lemon flavouring.
4) Various food colourings.
5) Ready-to-pipe confectioners' frosting.
6) Chocolate-filled candies.
7) Vanilla ice cream.
8) Kitchen knife.
- Using kitchen knife, cut out a tall triangular shape (about 1 1/2" thick) from the yellow cake.
- Make confectioners' frosting in three colours. Spread in broad stripes across the tree for decoration.
- Create scallops by piping thin lines of frosting.
- Decorate with candies as demonstrated in the picture.
- Cut a rectangular piece out of the chilled ice cream and lay at the base of the tree.
- Assemble on a plate quickly to prevent melting and keep in the freezer until needed.
Go to the top
For the Chocolate Coconut Shakes:
For the Banana Pineapple Mixes:
- Chocolate ice cream - 2 scoops.
- Banana - 1 small, chopped.
- Coconut milk - ½ cup (125 ml).
- Milk - ¼ cup (50 ml).
- Hazelnuts - 1 tbsp., chopped.
For the Berry Juices:
- Bananas - 2 medium, chopped.
- Plain yogurt - ½ cup (125 ml).
- Clear honey - 2 tbsp.
- Pineapple juice - 1 ¼ cups (300 ml), unsweetened.
For the Strawberry Orange Shakes:
- Plain yogurt - ¾ cup (125 ml).
- Fresh red berries - 400 g.
- Milk - ½ cup (125 ml).
- Fresh strawberries - 275 g.
- Orange juice - 1¼ cups (300 ml).
- Keep two strawberries in stock for the Strawberry Orange Shakes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients for the individual smoothies. Blend until smooth.
- Decorate the Chocolate Coconut Shakes by sprinkling the finely chopped hazelnuts over the top.
- Sprinkle the reserved strawberries over the top of the Strawberry Orange Shakes for decoration.
Go to the top
Reindeer Potato Heads Recipe
1) Baking potatoes - 2, large.
2) Fine green beans - 4 oz. (100 g).
3) Peas - 4 oz. (100 g).
4) Milk - 4 tbsp.
5) Butter - ½ stick (2 oz./60 g).
6) Cherry tomatoes - 2, halved.
7) Pretzel sticks - 24.
Optional (for garnish)
: Red pepper and broccoli.
- Turn up the oven temperature to 400 degree Fahrenheit (Gas Mark 4).
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly. Keep aside to dry. You can also use the paper towel to hasten the drying process.
- Prick all over the potatoes with a fork.
- Bake the potatoes for a little more than an hour. Push a skewer through the potato surface to see if it comes out clean. Bake some more if it does not.
- While the potato bakes, boil or steam the green beans and peas for 5 mins or until soft. Drain.
- Keep in stock eight peas for eyes and 6-7 beans for eyebrows. Chop the rest.
- Slice the potatoes from the middle longitudinally. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl with a spoon without ripping the skins.
- Pour butter and milk into a small pan. Warm the mixture until the butter melts.
- Next, combine the mixture with the potato flesh. Mash together until smooth.
- Add the chopped beans and peas.
- Using spoon, stuff mixture back into the potato skins.
- Add peas for eyes and cherry tomato halves for noses.
- Finish it off by pressing six pretzel sticks into the top of each head for antlers.
Go to the top
Christmas DIY Recipe Videos for Kids