4 celery sticks
2 red apples, cored
100g/ 40z green grapes
100g/ 40z walnuts
6 tbsp mayonnaise
celery leaves to garnish
slice celery, dice apples, halve grapes, put in
add walnut halves, stir in mayonnaise until well coated
chill in fridge until required.
TIP: make this crunchy salad a light meal by adding small pieces of cooked ham, chicken or cheese with mayonnaise.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 eggs, well beaten
3/4 cup sugar (1 cup may be used if mangoes are not very ripe)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or raisins (optional)
1. Combine flour and soda, whisking together.
2. Form well in center.
3. Place well beaten eggs in well and with a spoon mix well.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into greased breadpan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
6. Turn out onto cooling rack.
7. Cool to room temperature, then slice and serve.