This time, when you go to a utility shopping store, pick up a large and sturdy box to pack your purchases. You will find it at the checkout section. At home, when all the groceries are put away, take the box, which you can convert to a doll house. How? Let us tell you how:
First, adult supervision is a must to build it, as sharp knives will be used. DO NOT do it without adult help.
Get these to begin with:
The study box you got from the groceries store
Some corrugated cardboard
Emulsion paints, light colored.
pencil, ruler, paintbrushes, PVA glue, adhesive tapes
acrylic paints (bright colored like yellow, red and blue)
felt tipped pens, paper and a sharp craft knife and big scissors
The house will need some miniature furniture. So use some matchboxes, tins and pieces of fabric top make some furniture, and for carpet on the flooring.
1) Paint the entire house (box). Now measure about 4 inches from both sides of the top. Find the middle point along the top edge, and then join the dots to form a triangle. Refer to picture.
2) Now ask an adult to cut out the shape of the house for you using big scissors or a craft knife
3) Now ask a grown up to cut away the back portion of the house. This should be done by the knife. This will help you to reach inside the house and decorate it.
4) Now take the side flaps to create the roof peak. Score the lines where they meet, but do not cut through. Stick them down with adhesive tape.
5) Now you will need to complete the roof. Measure the top of the box. Now add about 3 cm to both widths and 5 cm to both lengths of your measurements and cut out the corrugated paper. The extra parts are required for the roof jetting out of the box. Score down the central line with a ruler or by using the knife lightly (should be done by a grown up).
6) Bend the roof along the scored line and paint the inside with PVA glue. Place it on top of the house and do the needful so that it sticks there as the roof. Wait till glue is dry. Then paint the roof bright. Yellow looks good, but you can use any color.
Draw up the windows, write your or your doll’s name if you want to, add a sign board if you wish, decorate the outside, and your doll house is ready. The Decoration part can go on for days, on your own.
Once you have done one, you can collect different sized boxes, and make different sized houses. Happy Crafting!