1. There are 206 bones in the adult human body where as a child has 300 bones.
2. Located in the middle ear, stapes or stirrup is the smallest human bone.
3. Brain cells which can live for an entire lifetime are the longest living cells of the human body.
4. 2.3 kg is the weight recorded of the heaviest human brain.
5. Along with 2 gigabytes of central memory and 16 parallel central processor units, the fastest computer of the world is CRAY Y-MP C90 supercomputer.
6. Approximately 50,000,000,000 galaxies exist in the entire cosmos.
7. Sound travels four times faster in water than in air.
8. With an estimated surface temperature of 864 F, Venus, is said to be the hottest planet in the solar system.
9. A normal galaxy consists of 100,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 stars approximately.
10. Motor neurons are the longest cells of Human body. A 4.5 feet long motor neuron can run all the way from the toe to the lower spinal cord.
11. Common Housefly transmits more diseases as compared to any other animals.
12. A true carnivorous is snake as it only eats other animals. They don’t eat plants.
13. The loudest sound that is produced by a living animal is 188 decibels. It is produced by blue whale.
14. It is observed that the seeds of an Indian Lotus tree would remain viable approximately for 300 to 400 years.
15. Inhabitants of North Dakota have never experienced an earthquake in their area.
16. To form water you have to burn hydrogen in air.
17. The deepest lake of the world is Lake Baikal.
18. The most surprising fact is that United States consumes 25 % of all the energy of the entire world.
19. Each year North Atlantic gets 1 inch wider.
20. The only animal which can recognize itself is a chimp.
21. Starfish is brainless.
22. Some animals, such as, Emus and Kangaroos, are unable to walk backwards.
23. Cats are not only mischievous, they also have more than 100 vocal sounds where as the dogs only have 10.
24. 32 muscles are there in each ear of a cat.
25. Ants extract juices from foods moving their jaws sideways. They are unable to chew foods.
26. Hummingbirds can fly backwards.
27. 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells fall from a human body every minute.
28. Moths are stomach less.
29. Starfish can twist its stomach inside out.
30. Eggs laid by sharks are the largest eggs.
Try out the other sections